Elder Service Plan - A PACE program
The Elder Service Plan is an all-inclusive, coordinated PACE program for frail elders who are nursing home eligible but wish to remain at home. It allows older adults to live as independently as possible in their home and community.
- The ability to remain in the community and out of an institutional setting
- A fully managed health care plan with a full range of services
- Care from an experienced team of providers
- Companionship and fun through activities at our Adult Day Center
- Peace of mind for the participant and caregivers
As a PACE provider (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly), we use a national model of care that helps seniors who have chronic health issues remain in their own homes and communities. We provide a wide range of care and support based on a person's needs. These services are provided through in-home services and at the Adult Day/Health Center in Cambridge.
Our mission is to provide and coordinate a comprehensive system of care to maintain the health, dignity, and independence of every participant.
Plan of Care
Each plan of care is based on an individual's needs through ongoing assessments. The plan of care may include:
- Family Caregiver Support
- Personal Care and Homemaking
- Day/Health Center for meals, activities, clinical care and therapies
- In-Home Services
- Transportation and Meals
- Primary Medical Care
- Physical, Occupational and Recreational Therapies
- Specialty care including dental, podiatry, optometry, and audiology
- Prescription drugs, medical supplies and equipment
- Emergency Care
- Hospital Care
- Nursing Home Care
Who is eligible?
Any person 55 and older living in Allston, Arlington, Brighton, Cambridge, Chelsea, Charlestown, Everett, Malden, Medford, Somerville, or Watertown, MA. Elder Service Plan members must be determined by the state agency as eligible for nursing facility level of care, yet able to remain living safely in his/her residence.
What does it cost?
The Elder Service Plan of Cambridge Health Alliance is covered by Medicare and MassHealth. If you have MassHealth, you may or may not have a monthly deductible based on your income. If you are not eligible for MassHealth, you may enroll as a private pay participant.
Individuals choosing to enroll in the Elder Service Plan (ESP) of Cambridge Health Alliance agree to receive all covered services through the ESP of Cambridge Health Alliance and its contracted network of providers. Emergency Services are also covered through ESP and do not require approval by ESP.