|Health Education and Screenings
CHA Health Education and Health Screening services are available to community groups as part of community outreach events. Services are provided by CHA Community Health Improvement staff and volunteers from our Volunteer Health Advisor Program.
The CHA Department of Community Health Improvement offers these programs in collaboration with CHA clinical services and other CHA departments.
CHA can provide education and screening services for your members, staff and community on a variety of health topics, including:
- Healthy behaviors and preventative care
- Good Nutrition and Health
- Physical Activity Promotion
- Healthy Aging
- Smoking and Secondhand Smoke
- Diabetes Prevention and Management
- Access to Primary Care and Health Insurance
- Cardiovascular Health
- Breast Health
- Asthma/Allergy/Mold Awareness
- Stress Management
- Depression/Mental Health Awareness
- Cancer Prevention and Early Detection
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Blood Glucose Screening (Diabetes)
- Blood Cholesterol Screening
- Body Mass Index/Body Fat Analysis
- Other screenings (vision, dental, podiatry) also available by special arrangement
Requesting Community Affairs services for your event
Most screening and educational services are available at low or no cost to non-profit organizations.Organizing health education and screening for your group or event is easy. To ensure that you get the educational or screening services that are right for your event, be sure to have the following information ready when you call us:
- Purpose of the event
- Health topic(s) of the event
- Target audience for the event (age, ethnicity, etc.)
- Primary language spoken by attendees
- Other event sponsors and participants (esp. health-related participants)
We will also ask you about the logistics of the event, including:
- Will tables be provided? If yes, how many and what size?
- Will chairs be provided? If yes, how many?
- Will there be access to electrical outlets?
- Is parking available? If yes, is it onsite or street parking?
- Is there a sun shade/shelter if the event is outside?
It is also helpful for us if you can specify what sort of CHA participation you would like for your event:
- Is a Health Education table requested? If yes, please specify the requested health topic(s) for the table.
- Is a speaker requested? If yes, please specify the requested health topic(s) for the speech.
- Are screenings requested? If yes, please let us know which of the following should be offered:
o Blood pressure
o Other (please specify)
*Available only by special arrangement.