Your Hospital Care
Overnight hospital care is available to meet your serious health needs at the CHA Cambridge and Whidden Hospital campuses.
- Medical/Surgical Care and Intensive Care (ICU) can help you recover from acute illness or after surgery.
- Psychiatric care helps people with serious mental health needs. We have separate hospital units for young children, teenagers, adults and seniors.
- The Maternity Suite at Cambridge Hospital has expert care for growing families.
Your Hospital Team
When you are admitted to CHA for hospital care you will have a team of doctors, nurses and other staff working to care for you.
On the Medical/Surgical floors, your care team will be led by a hospitalist, a doctor who is an expert in Internal Medicine. Because these doctors are in the hospital 24-hours a day, they can respond quickly to an emergency or a change in your health needs. Your care team will also work with your family, caregivers, and primary care doctor to help transition your care once you leave the hospital.
Hospital Specialty Partners
Most of your health needs can be addressed by CHA doctors. But if you need highly complex care, your team will send you to one of our hospital partners in Boston:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC). As a CHA patient, you have direct access to services at BIDMC, one of the nation's preeminent academic medical centers. We have connected our medical record system with BIDMC to give you the most coordinated care. (Learn more about our BIDMC affiliation).
- Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) for Children. Young patients benefit from our longstanding relationship with MGH for Children. This includes direct admission for serious health needs.