Cambridge Health Alliance logo

Affiliated with

Click here to leave the CHA website and visit the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center website Click here to leave the CHA website and visit the MassGeneral Hospital for Children website
Immigration Physicals

Immigration physicals at Cambridge Health AllianceCHA provides required USCIS immigration (Green Card) physicals for the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS or INS).

These services are perfect for people coming to the U.S. or employers who hire from another country. Our staff will record the results on Form I-693 for the applicant to return to the USCIS. Form I-693 | Instructions

We are at the CHA Assembly Square Care Center, 5 Middlesex Avenue in Somerville, MA. 617-591-4660

Need an Interpreter?
CHA speaks your language. Medical interpreters are available at no extra cost.

Included in the Immigration Physical:


What you need to bring:

  • Physical Examination and completion of all the necessary paperwork
  • Tuberculin (Skin Test) and interpretation
  • RPR (Syphilis test)
  • Evaluation of other Physical or Mental abnormality, disease or disability
  • Vaccinations and status verification
  • Administration of approved and needed vaccinations
  • We also accept proof of vaccination done elsewhere.
  • Government issued picture ID such as a driver's license or passport
  • Someone who can read and write English to help complete Form I-693
  • Hospital or clinic records, including:
  • Copy of any past immunization and vaccination records
  • Proof of prior treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious disease
  • Prior chest x-rays and/or other diagnostic tests
  • Any mental health records

After the Exam:

Once the immigration physical examination is completed, CHA will certify Form I-693 with the test results, exam findings, and vaccination history and place in a sealed envelope. You will need to present this sealed envelope to the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services.

DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. Turn in the envelope with your immigration application.

CHA Doctors are Civil Surgeons
A Civil Surgeon is a doctor selected by the USCIS to conduct medical examinations of people who are non-residents of the United States and are applying for adjustment of status to permanent residence, or who are required by the USCIS to have a medical examination. Civil surgeons are not the same as panel physicians. Civil surgeons provide medical exams in the U.S. while panel physicians perform exams outside the U.S.

Contact Us

CHA Assembly Square Care Center
5 Middlesex Ave, 1st Fl.
Somerville, MA 02145
Phone: 617-591-4660
Fax: 617-591-4693

Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.