Health Promotion, Access, and Outreach:
Managed through the Department of Community Affairs
These programs provide community-focused support and education to help individuals and communities make healthy lifestyle choices, prevent and identify chronic diseases, and access primary care and other services that promote health. Our goals are to empower people with the knowledge, skills, and support they need to promote a high level of health for them, their families, and their communities. We also work to make CHA services more responsive to the needs and perspectives of its communities.
Working in partnership with CHA clinical services, community organizations, and underserved communities in the Greater Boston area, we provide the following services:
- Culturally appropriate community and patient health education for individuals of all literacy levels
- Community-based health screenings and information
- Information and referral to primary care, community services, and low cost/free health care coverage options
- Education and resources on smoking cessation
- Support and education groups for people with chronic diseases (diabetes, arthritis)
- Classes and groups to promote physical activity, good nutrition, and other health-promoting behaviors
Through these efforts, we work to connect everyone in our local communities to primary care services and ensure that they receive the health care they expect and deserve. We also encourage them to actively participate in their own health and well-being.
These efforts are funded through the Department of Health and Human Services, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and private foundations.